Falconer Heights Homes for Sale in Edmonton

Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Falconer Heights, AB.

Falconer Heights is a community situated in the Riverbend area of southwest Edmonton. The neighbourhood features a mature tree stand, a series of quiet cul-de-sacs that branch off Falconer Road, and spacious homes built on large lots. The community is a natural area with lots of recreational and shopping amenities situated within walking distance. This makes the neighbourhood a peaceful and convenient community to raise a family. Homes for sale in Falconer Heights are mostly single-family homes, but there are a few duplexes and condominiums in the area. Riverbend Shopping Centre is situated in the northern portion of the neighbourhood and provides residents with a variety of services, including banking, Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart, restaurants, library and other professional services. Residents have immediate access to Terwillegar Drive, which connects to Anthony Henday Drive and Whitemud Drive, allowing quick commutes to the rest of the city. Also, the 4 bus stops within the neighbourhood provide convenient access to public transport.

And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Falconer Heights listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.

1 Property

Falconer Heights History

Falconer Heights is named after James F. Falconer, a key figure in the formation of Edmonton's Names Advisory Committee in the mid-1950s. He served in the committee until 1979 and was also a school board trustee and member of several city boards and civic committees for 27 years. Construction of residences in the neighbourhood began after 1985, with 12.2% of the residences being built during the late 1980s. The remaining 87.8% were built during the 1990s. The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Riverbend Road, east by Terwillegar Drive, north by Rabbit Hill Road and south by an undeveloped strip of land.

Falconer Heights Recreational Activities

Falconer Heights Park is a preserved natural area in the southern portion of the neighbourhood. It's a great place to take a walk while enjoying what nature has to offer. To the west of the neighbourhood, across Riverbend Road, Henderson Park is a great place to hang out with family. The park features a soccer field, kids playground, baseball diamond, basketball hoop, sledding hill and plenty of green space. 

Falconer Heights is also close to the North Saskatchewan River Valley, which means residents can enjoy the river valley trail system. A few minutes to the west, Heath Road Park features well-maintained biking and hiking trails. If you start from Heath Road Park, you can either hike north towards The Purple Bench or south towards Brandy's Landing, either way, you get to enjoy amazing views of the river valley and a natural vista by the water. Also, a few minutes south of the neighbourhood, Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre offers fitness programs for people of all ages. The centre features an expansive aquatic centre, fitness centre with top-grade equipment, 4 NHL-sized ice sheets, an indoor jogging/running track, a well-equipped gymnasium, an indoor playground and much more.

Falconer Heights residents are lucky to have immediate access to some of the best eateries located in Riverbend Shopping Centre. Oliveto Trattoria is an Italian restaurant serving exceptional Italian cuisine in an upscale environment. COBS Bread Bakery has a great selection of baked goods in various flavours, including croissants, loaves, buns and much more. The centre also features several fast-food chains and coffee shops, including A&W Canada, McDonald's, and Subway.

Falconer Heights House Prices

The average house price in 2021 for a house in Falconer Heights is around $530,000, the lowest price is around $175,000, and the highest price is around $850,000.

Falconer Heights Schools

There are no schools in Falconer, but children can attend the numerous schools situated close to the neighbourhood. These include Earl Buxton Elementary School, Riverbend Junior High School, Strathcona and Lillian Osborne High Schools, St. Mary and St. Monica Elementary Schools, Archbishop Joseph Macneil Junior High School, and Mother Margaret Mary High School.